Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Meeting Charlie Chaplinorito.

On the Metro Blue Line to Long Beach, Wednesday, March 10, 7:40am:

Boy, was I sleepy this morning! All I wanted to do was nap as soon as I stepped onto the train! I go to pick out a seat and lean my head back on the pole and close my eyes. Aaaahhh, looking forward to a 1-hour nap before heading into the office. As the train starts to go, I notice that my seat and all the seats in my train car are facing opposite the direction that the train is travelling. Ugh, how annoying to sleep facing backwards, but I'm too tired/lazy to get up and move. The passenger behind me, however, has a better idea. (He looked like a Mexican Charlie Chaplin, by the way). He turns himself backwards so that he's facing the same direction as the motion of the train. He's leaning his back and his head on the pole and back of my seat, with his knees and legs resting on his seat. Ok, that's cool, I've done that before too, but then he starts to shift his weight and I start to feel a hard pull and PAIN at the base of my neck. Mr. Chaplinorito, you're pulling my HAIR, sir! Not wanting to make a scene, I just slouch down a bit to release the tension, and figure if I just sit still like that, I should be fine. I'm fine for 5 seconds or so until gravity kicks in and Mr. Chaplinorito starts sliding down the back of my seat. OUCH, you're REALLY pulling my now hair Mr. Chaplinorito! Ok, no more sitting still. I grab my hair, yank it out (ouch, slowly, ouch) from behind my seat and the oblivious Mr. Chaplinorito, and move to the empty seat next to me. Boo, this seat doesn't have a pole for me to lean my head on. Lucky for me, Mr. Chaplinorito and his entourage got off at the next stop, I shift back to my old seat, rest my head back on the pole, and now, where was I? ZzZzZzZzzzz....

0 comments:

Post a Comment