Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ride that Choo Choo.

I've been requested to write about my train experiences by a couple of people. Just when I thought well, I have nothing recent to write about, something like this happens.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the Metro Red Line to Union Station, Tuesday, February 23, 6:45pm:

Stepping onto the Red Line, there's a little boy singing praises to God at the top of his lungs. Wait, at closer observation I realize it's not a little boy at all, but a short, stout hispanic woman in her 40's, just sitting there singing very loudly like it's no one's business, on a subway packed with passengers who can't wait to get home. No one acknowledges her. As I'm stepping off the train at my exit, she prays repeatingly, "God help us, and Thanks for your help," and starts laughing uncontrollably at the irony of her statement. Bless her heart.

1 comments:

Quyen [Nhi] said...

yay you're sharing your train stories! very cool. keep 'em coming :)

Post a Comment